Friday, March 30, 2012

Live Smarter, Live Harder

I am back from my vacation and read the three beach vacation reads that I had bought with me.  They were all great beach (as well as plane) reads - the books went by quickly and maintained a positive message.

In addition to my beach reads, I also read Glamour Magazine, which profiled e a successful woman DJ who lost her parents and raised her younger sibling.

Antigua...
She keeps three quotes by her desk, one of which is: Work smarter, not harder.

While reading this, I modified this mantra to fit my state of mind at the time:

Live Smarter, Live Harder

This is a reminder for me:

1) To enjoy life even if it does not go as planned (message from The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews)

2) Be confident (Act Like a Lady, Think Like A Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment by Steve Harvey and Denene Milner) 

3) Enjoy my youth (29 by Adena Halpern)


The two other quotes that the DJ maintains by her desk are:
* Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
* Everything is easy if you know what you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment